Sunday, February 1, 2009

Turf and Landscape - Equipment for Applying Compost

There is more and more interest in topdressing turf with compost and applying compost to other landscape areas. The following are pictures of different types of spreaders for topdressing and applying compost.

A brush type tractor pulled topdresser is very accurate for spreading compost or compost-sand mixtures.

A smaller ATV pulled topdresser with spinners can also be used but make sure you have a fine compost with 30-50 % moisture.

A spinner type topdresser pulled by a tractor can also be used for applying compost.

A blower truck for applying compost.

Applying compost using a blower system.

A self propelled walk behind spreader for applying compost.

Another style of self propelled walk behind compost topdresser.

A push type manual walk behind compost topdresser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it comes to tree trimming, landscaping and labor intensive work I always bring out the bad boy toys. After destroying two back ends in my truck I finally decided to purchase some heavy duty equipment to help me on my way. I have found my dump truck and bucket truck to be very helpful with trimming tall trees and removing the debris from my yard.